A 3-DAY SHORT BREAK IN SUNNY ANDALUSIA
HIKE & RIDE
CAMINITO + HORSE RIDING + VISIT TO OLIVE OIL FINCA
7 - 9 april 2019
Maxi 7 participants. 4 places left
Groups of 5 persons can choose their own date after consultation.
Price: 530 euro
9.30 am: Pick up Málaga airport
10.00 am Plaza de la Merced, Málaga center for those who arrive earlier in Málaga.
- Guided visit by Alain and/or Jackie along their favourite spots in Málaga city
- Transfer to Caminito del Rey
- Guided tour of the Caminito del Rey, Europe's most spectacular (but safe!) hiking path.
The Caminito del Rey (the road of the king) is actually a service road that was built between 1901 and 1905 to supply workers and materials for the construction of the hydroelectric power plant of El Chorro. The path was called Caminito del Rey after the Spanish king Alfonso XIII walked the road in 1921 for the inauguration ceremony of the dam that closed off the water of the Guadalhorce river. The path originally consisted of a steel truss that was anchored in the rocks. The path fell into decline, was not maintained and large holes in the concrete developed between the iron studs. It became an insane challenge for reckless climbers, some of who crashed after which the path closed in 2000. The Junta de Andalucía and the province of Málaga decided in 2011 to completely restore the path and make it safe for tourists. The result is spectacular yet safe; the new path was even named the best new attraction of that year by Lonely Planet in 2015. The Caminito is easy to walk, not much has to be climbed. The walk is 2.9 km long - the largest part on the ground floor in the valley - and can be done at your own pace. (Note: children admitted from 12 years).
- Transfer to hotel
- Dinner free
- After breakfast, you will be picked up by our horse riding guide Marc, who will take you to the starting point of your day trip on horseback. Marc is an English equestrian guide who knows the nature park of El Chorro as his pocket and takes you on a breathtaking day trip across the beautiful and wild sierras. Here you will have magnificent views over the lakes. You will spot wild ibexes and impressive vultures with a gigantic wing span. You will have a picnic lunch along the way in the middle of the beautiful pine forests.
There will be plenty of opportunities for some lovely canters in this wide nature park.
Total duration of the horse ride: 6 hours.
- Pick up and transfer to the hotel near Finca Don Carmelo.
- Dinner free
- After an elaborate breakfast buffet we will pick you up for an aperitif, a guided tour and an olive oil tasting session at Finca Don Carmelo, followed by an idyllic lunch in the olive grove.
- In the afternoon you will be transfered to the airport or to Málaga, Plaza de la Merced for those who want to stay in the beautiful city of Málaga.
PRICE: 530 euros
All nights, breakfast, lunches, entrance Caminito del Rey, day trip on horseback included, transfers by minibus.
Group size: max 7 participants
Single supplement: 75 euros.